What is Your Duty in the Event of a Loss?
- Notify the police the same day if a law has been broken.
- Immediately notify the agency and/or the Insurance company of the loss or damage, including a description of the damaged property involved, how, when, and where the loss occurred.
- Take pictures as evidence of damaged property.
- If you noticed any mold spot, your insurance company would refer you to a mold remediation company to do a professional cleaning.
- Take reasonable steps to protect your property from further damage, make TEMPORARY REPAIR (save receipts) until the Insurance company sends their adjuster.
- Save all damaged items for Inspection by the company adjuster.
- Complete a written inventory of your damaged items, it should include quantities, cost or value and a total amount of loss claimed.
- Obtain 2 estimates for restoration of your property.
Insurance Companies Claim Department Phone Numbers:
- Citizens Claim # (866) 411- 2642
- Travelers Claim # (818) 655-1327
- Universal Property & Casualty Claim# (954) 958-1200
- Hartford Boiler Claim # (888) 472-5677
- Progressive Claim # (800) 274-4499
- Bankers Claim # (800) 627-0000
- Bristol West Claim # (888) 888-0800
- Federated National Claim # (954) 581-9993
- Florida Peninsula Claim # (877) 229-2244
- Met Auto Claim # (800) 255-0332
- Scottsdale Claim # (800) 423-7675
Any questions concerning filing a claim, please feel free to call us at the office (954) 454-9599, We are Here to Help You.