We Cover your Luxury Condo in Florida with Hurricane/Wind
Call Us Today at (866) 454-9555
Florida Condo Insurance is essential for protecting your personal assets. Many Florida condo unit owners make the mistake of thinking that the master insurance policy will cover their interior condo and their personal items. Unfortunately, this is not the true. The master insurance policy owned by the homeowners association typically includes the property structure and common areas only. In another word, if a hurricane damage the building roof, it would be covered by your association, but damage inside of your individual unit would not be covered.
In order to protect your condo and your personal property, you will need a condo unit owners insurance or HO-6 policy. This particular policy is owned by you, not the Condominium Association, and would cover everything that is inside the walls of your condo unit. For South Florida High-Value Condo Unit Owners, this is especially important because if a storm hit and water get inside of your condo, the HO-6 policy compensates you for the damages.
What does High-Value Florida Condo Insurance Policy cover?
- Condo Interior Elements – such as carpeting, kitchen, bathroom cabinetry, electrical fixtures, water heater, A/C unit, and flooring.
- Personal Belongings – appliances, furniture, clothing, electronic equipment, fine arts and jewelry.
- Personal Liability – in the event a person is injured inside of your condo, he or she can file a personal injury claim against you. Your condo unit insurance policy will pay for the physical damage, along with providing you with a defense lawyer to represent you.
- Condo Loss Assessment – If any exposures damage the main condominium common area, and the association places an assessment on each unit in order to pay for it, your Condo insurance policy cover a portion of the assessment. Per Florida State rules, the limit is typical $2,000.
- Condo Loss of Use – a condo policy will also include a provision for loss of use to protects you in the event that the interior damage is so severe, that you need to move out while the condo is repaired. It will pay for a temporary apartment or nearby hotel during the process.
- Condo Unit Hurricane and Wind Insurance – covers your condo unit in the event of a named Hurricane or high Wind.
Each condo policy may have different limits according to a number of personal assets that can be included. Our local Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Palm Beach insurance agents can walk you through the process and help you determine the amount of coverage that you need.
How to get discounts on your Florida Condo Insurance?
- have a prior policy
- install theft and fire alarm
- install impact windows or shutters
- have a sprinkler system installed in your unit
How much it cost to insure a Condo Unit Owners Insurance in Florida?
Our local Florida agents are here to assist you. To get started, simply call us now at (954) 454-9599 or (866) 454-9555 and ask for a Condo unit owner insurance quote. When you fill out the quote form below, we will call you within 24 hours.