Call us Today & Compare Rates and Services at 954-454-9599.
What is Gas Station Insurance?
If you own a gas station in Florida, you need to purchase a specialty insurance policy designed for Gas Stations to protect your business from property damage and bodily injury against any accident that happens on your premises. Since 1987, we have insured gas stations that have additional income derived from:
- Gas Station with Convenient Store.
- Gas Station with Auto Repair.
- Gas Station with Car Wash.
- Gas Station with Fast Food Restaurant.
All these additional exposures need to be addressed and adequately be covered for any exposures you might experience on your premises.
What does Gas Station insurance policy cover?
- Building – you need a property insurance policy to cover structural damages to your gas station building against any covered perils such as fire, vandalism, theft, and hurricane.
- Canopy – This type of property coverage is necessary to insure the canopy that goes over the gas pumps; policy covers the canopy against any accidental damages or natural disaster.
- Gas Pumps – these standing gas pumps are susceptible to getting damaged accidentally by any customer filing gas on your premises, or for any natural disaster such as Windstorm & Hurricane.
- Contents – The policy provides coverage for damages to your business-owned property inside your gas station, including inventory, merchandise, shelving, cash, and computers.
- Equipment and Machinery – The policy covers repair and replacement of your equipment such as refrigerators, air conditioning used in your gas station become damaged due to an electrical circuit shortage, water damage, or other natural disasters.
- Crime – Gas stations and convenience stores are often targeted by criminals for robberies due to cash circulation on-premises. Insurance company recommends that business owners take certain measures such as installing security cameras and using other crime deterrents such as installing a central alarm system. Doing so can decrease your crime insurance policy rates.
- Garage Keeper Legal Liability – If you perform auto repairs on your premises, then you require to protect customers’ autos while they are in your care, custody, and control inside your gas station. You have the option to structure a garage keeper policy limit based on the number of vehicles you keep overnight also taking into consideration the total value of these vehicles.
- Commercial Flood – It is crucial in Florida for commercial property owners to obtain a flood insurance policy, to protect your gas station from major damages caused by a flood due to heavy rain, regardless of your property is located in a flood zone area or not.
- Gas Station Hurricane Insurance – this type of coverage is essential in Florida to protect your property against natural disasters such as a hurricane or tropical storms. Damages to your gas station caused by a hurricane can be financially severe.
- Business Interruption – This insurance policy provides a continuation of income to cover your overhead expenses if a hazard forces you to close your business for a period of time when repairs are made to your gas station.
- Employee Dishonesty – This insurance policy protects your business from financial losses in the event one of your employees steals money from your gas station.
- Pollution – This policy covers third-party liability against the insured in the event there is a discharge from gas storage tanks located underground your station.
Liability coverage to consider for Gas Station:
Frivolous Liability lawsuits can destroy your business financially if you ever get sued for any accident that happened on your premises. It is crucial to protect your gas station with an adequate general liability insurance policy, and coverage consists of:
- Gas Station Premises Liability – The policy protects your business for bodily injury or property damage suffered by a customer standing at the gas pumps filing up their vehicle or standing inside your convenience store to pay for the gas or waiting on your premises during car washes, or sitting inside waiting room during their auto repair.
- Pollution Liability – This type of insurance is necessary to have when operating a gas station because it provides coverage if an accident involving your gasoline pumps which might pollute the ground, nearby water canal, or air. Coverage includes restitution for property damage to your gas station and illness caused to others by pollutants, in addition, it covers the cost of pollution cleanup efforts.
- Liquor Liability – Florida has its laws about liquor liability. In most cases, businesses that sell alcoholic beverages are held to a higher standard of liability exposure than any other retailers, when it comes to selling liquor to intoxicated or underage customers.
- Gas Station Workers’ Compensation – If you have over 4 employees listed on your payroll, then you need to purchase a workers compensation insurance policy. This policy is highly important to owners of a gas station because It provides medical payment and loss of income in the event your employees get injured during working hours.
5 Factors to save money on your Gas Station insurance policy in Florida?
- Install a theft and fire alarm system.
- Hire experienced and licensed mechanics for your auto repair shop.
- Keep your premises clean, to prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Have a continuous insurance policy with no lapse of coverage.
- Install a surveillance camera inside and outside the store; it helps minimize any false claims against your business.
How Much does Gas Station insurance policy cost?
Purchasing Gas station insurance policy in Florida can be a complicated process, particularly if you want to have peace of mind that you are getting adequate coverage against all exposures. If you are shopping today for the best gas station insurance policy with comprehensive coverage and affordable rates, feel free to contact G. Zein Insurance Services at (954) 454-9599 or (866) 454-9555. We are here to help serve your gas station business.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.