Check our Gas Station insurance package policy rate in South Florida with Hurricane and Pollution. Call us today & compare rates at 954-454-9599.
MINIMUM PREMIUM $5,000.
What is Gas Station Insurance?
If you own a gas station in South Florida, you need to obtain a specialty insurance policy designed for Gas Stations, to protect your business for any accident that cause property damage or bodily injury that occurs on your premises. Since 1987, we have insured a variety of gas stations that have additional income derived from:
- Gas Station with Convenient Store.
- Gas Station with Auto Repair.
- Gas Station with Car Wash.
- Gas Station with Fast Food Deli.
All these additional liability exposures need to be addressed in details, and adequately covered by reliable insurance company for accidents or frivolous lawsuits you might experience on your premises.
What does Gas Station insurance policy cover?
- Building – This policy covers any structural damages to your gas station building, caused by perils such as fire, vandalism, theft, and hurricane. Policy is rated based on construction replacement cost.
- Canopy – This type of property coverage is necessary to ensure the canopy that goes over the gas pumps; policy covers the replacement or repair of canopy in the event of any accidental damage or natural disasters.
- Gas Pumps – these standing dispensers are susceptible to getting damaged accidentally by any customer filing gas on your premises, or for any natural disaster such as Windstorm & Hurricane.
- Contents – The policy provides coverage to your business-owned property inside your gas station mini-mart, including inventory, merchandise, shelving, cash, and computers.
- Equipment and Machinery – The policy covers repair and replacement of your equipment such as refrigerators, and air conditioning used in the service of your gas station, in the event it becomes damaged due to an electrical circuit shortage, water damage, or other natural disasters.
- Crime – Gas stations and convenience stores are often targeted by criminals for robbery due to cash circulation on-premises. Insurance company recommends that business owners take certain protective measures such as installing security cameras and using other crime deterrents such as installing a central alarm system. Doing so can decrease your crime insurance policy rates.
- Garage Keeper Legal Liability – If you perform auto repairs on your premises, then you require to protect customers’ autos while they are in your care, custody, and control inside your gas station. You have the option to structure a garage keeper policy limit based on the number of vehicles you keep overnight, also taking into consideration the total value of these vehicles.
- Gas Station Flood – It is crucial in Florida for commercial property owners to obtain a flood insurance policy, to protect your gas station from major damages caused by a flood due to heavy rain, regardless of whether your property is located in a flood zone area or not.
- Gas Station Hurricane Insurance – this type of coverage is essential in Florida to protect your gas station against natural disasters such as a hurricane or tropical storms. Damages to your gas station caused by a hurricane can be financially severe.
- Business Interruption – This insurance policy provides a continuation of income to cover your overhead expenses in the event you have to close your business for a period of time when repairs are made to your gas station.
- Employee Dishonesty – This insurance policy protects your business from financial losses in the event one of your employees steals money from your gas station.
- Gas Station Pollution – This policy covers damages to a third-party property located nearby accidentally caused by your gas station, in the event there is gas discharge from gas storage tanks located underground your gas station.
Liability coverage to consider for Gas station in S. Florida:
Frivolous Liability lawsuits can destroy your business financially if you ever get sued for any accident that happened on your premises. It is crucial to protect your gas station with an adequate general liability insurance policy, and coverage consists of:
- Gas Station Premises Liability – The policy protects your business from bodily injury or property damage suffered by a customer standing at the gas pumps filing up their vehicle or standing inside your convenience store or waiting on your premises during car washes, or sitting inside waiting room during their auto repair.
- Pollution Liability – This type of insurance is necessary to have, when operating a gas station because it provides coverage in the event of an accident involving your gasoline pumps that might pollute the ground or nearby water canal, or air. Coverage includes restitution for property damage to your gas station, and covers any physical illness caused by pollutants to the Public. In addition, it covers the cost of pollution cleanup efforts that can be costly to you.
- Liquor Liability – Florida has its laws about liquor liability. In most cases, businesses that sell alcoholic beverages are held to a higher standard of liability exposure than any other retailers, when it comes to selling liquor to intoxicated or underage customers.
- Gas Station Workers’ Compensation – If you have over 4 employees listed on your company payroll, then you need to purchase a worker’s compensation insurance policy. This policy is important to owners of a gas station because It provides medical payment and loss of income in the event your employees get injured during working hours.
5 Factors to save money on your Gas Station insurance policy in South Florida?
- Install a theft and fire alarm system.
- Have a continuous insurance policy with no lapse of coverage.
- Hire experienced and licensed mechanics for your auto repair shop.
- Keep your premises clean from oil drips, to prevent slip and fall accidents.
- Install a surveillance camera inside and outside the store; it helps minimize any false claim against your business.
How Much does Gas Station insurance policy cost?
Purchasing a Gas station insurance policy in Florida can be a complicated process, particularly if you want to have peace of mind that you are getting adequate coverage against all exposures. If you are shopping today for the best gas station insurance policy with comprehensive coverage and affordable rates, feel free to contact G. Zein Insurance Services at (954) 454-9599 or (866) 454-9555. We are here to help serve your gas station business.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.