Affordable Rates from A Rated Company for Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance up to $1 Million policy limit.
New in business or established, we can help you!
Serving States: Florida – Georgia – Michigan – California.
Call us today at (954) 454-9599 for a quote.
What is Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance is a unique type of commercial auto insurance program, designed specifically for para-transit services, and ambulatory transportation. This policy is underwriting according to insurance companies’ classification of pre-scheduled arrangement pick-up.
The NEMT policy is intended specifically for businesses providing door-to-door transportation rides, typically from a customers’ homes to a designated medical facility. NEMT includes transporting disabled people and elderly patients, none of whom are able to drive their own cars to go to medical appointments.
The type of NEMT vehicles we insure:
- Standard sedan vehicle.
- Van equipped with an Ambulance Stretcher.
- Van equipped with a Wheelchair lift or Ramp accessibility.
What are the State of Florida license requirements for NEMT companies:
Para-transit service companies normally get paid by hospitals, medical clinics, medicare, Medicaid, transportation brokers and private pay. Therefore, the State and each local County Government agency have a mandatory order that requires all medical transportation companies to carry a specific N.E.M.T. insurance policy limit that varies from $100,000 to $1,000,000 limits depending the County, for legal and medical protection of local passengers during transportation.
What type of Insurance do I need for Ambulatory Transportation:
- Auto physical coverage – This coverage reimburses your company in the event of a theft or accident to your vehicle.
- General liability policy – to cover your business against any lawsuit filed by a passenger traveling in your vehicle, against your driver for reckless driving.
- Professional liability Insurance – it covers your legal expenses in the event the passenger is claiming he received wrongful back up emergency medical services committed by your employees during patient transportation to hospital.
- Commercial automobile – This is a necessary policy required by the State of Florida to run your NEMT business , this policy does cover the passengers for any physical injury in the event of an unexpected accident during transportation between the passenger home and the medical facilities.
Does Florida mandate Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
Yes, Florida’s local government transportation compliance department mandates all active non-emergency medical transportation companies, to carry commercial auto insurance policy, with a minimum limit of $300,000 per policy. The reason for these requirements are:
- What happens if your vehicle accidentally breaks down during a trip and your passenger gets injured in your vehicle?
- What happens if your reckless driver unintentionally injured a passenger riding in your vehicle?
These scenarios can trigger a Liability lawsuit against your company. Risk is something that an insurance policy can help you offset the loss. It is important to evaluate the financial risk your company might face and pursue a proper insurance policy.
What to do next before renewing your Policy:
Check our rates for non emergency medical transportation insurance; underwritten by reliable A Rated Insurance carriers in Florida. Or call today G. Zein Insurance Services to discuss Insurance plans and options. Contact us now at (954) 454-9599 , or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 types of coverage NEMT Insurance policy offers:
- Commercial Auto Liability – This coverage is required to run your NEMT business, this policy does protect your company against third-party legal claims derived from an auto accident occurred on the road and for medical and legal expenses filed by your passenger’s for bodily injury caused by an accident dung transportation in your vehicle.
- Comprehensive and Collision Coverage – This coverage indemnifies you for any physical damage done to your vehicle in the event of a theft or accident.
- Hired Auto Insurance – To protect your company in the event you hired, leased, rented, or borrowed a vehicle to service your business.
- Non-Owned Auto – To cover your company in the event, that one of your employees used his vehicle to conduct business on your behalf.
- Uninsured Motorist – This coverage pays for bodily injury treatment to your passengers when your vehicle gets involved in an accident, whereas the other vehicle carries no auto liability insurance.
- Loading & Unloading of Passengers – This type of coverage is covered under a professional liability policy, and it is designed to cover your passengers in the event your employees accidentally caused physical injury during helping passengers get into or out of your vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection – This line of coverage pays for medical treatment to all passengers including drivers in the event of an accident that happened during transportation.
NEMT insurance policy is important to your business:
- It protects your employees and your business against the legal obligation of paying out medical expenses because of an injury caused to passengers sitting in your vehicle during transit.
- It ensures that your business remains compliant with the local government license’s mandate to carry a liability insurance policy when operating a Public transportation business.
8 factors to save money on your N.E.M.T. Insurance:
- Having multiple vehicles helps you get additional discounts.
- Hire drivers with a minimum of 2 years experience with a clean driving record.
- Additional discounts are available for having a continuous policy with 3 years claim-free.
- Instruct your drivers every week to drive safely, so you can minimize exposure to an accident.
- Ask your drivers to take an online training course in CPR & Basic First, it helps minimize liability exposures to your company.
- Proof of monthly maintenance of your vehicles. This is an indication to the Underwriter that you are well managing your transportation business.
- Ask your drivers to take an online training course for Passenger Service and Safety (P.A.S.S.), this course is required by the State of Florida, and it helps reduce exposure to a liability lawsuit.
- Install two cameras inside your vehicle to record any incident that occurs during transportation; it helps you monitor your driver’s behavior, and assist your insurance company in determining the legitimacy of a reported claim against your company.
Is your NEMT business properly protected today?
We are here to help you evaluate your current insurance policy. Since the cost of this NEMT insurance policy typically is high, now is the right time to shop for comparable non emergency medical transportation insurance rates and Coverages. Call us today at (954) 454-9599, we are here to help!
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME