New in business or established, we can help you Save Money!
Act Today! Call us at 866-454-9555 for a quote.
Serving States: Florida – Georgia
What is Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance is a unique type of commercial auto insurance program, designed specifically for paratransit services, and ambulatory transportation. The policy is structured according to insurance companies classification of pre-scheduled arrangement pick-up.
The NEMT policy is intended specifically for businesses providing door-to-door transportation services, typically from customers’ homes to a designated medical facility. Transportation includes people with disabilities and elderly patients, none of whom are able to ride public transportation.
What are the Government license requirements for NEMT?
Paratransit service companies are normally compensated by hospitals, medical clinics, medicare, medicaid, and private pay. Therefore, the State and each local County Government Agencies have mandatory rules that require every medical transportation company to carry specific NEMT insurance policy limit of $300,000 to protect passengers during transportation.
What kind of Insurance do I need for Ambulatory Transportation?
- Auto physical Coverage – This coverage reimburses your company in the event of a theft or accident of your vehicle.
- General liability policy – to cover your business against any lawsuit filed by a passenger traveling in your vehicle, against your driver for reckless driving.
- Professional Liability Insurance – it covers your passengers against any physical and sexual abuse, acted by your employees during transportation.
- Commercial Automobile Insurance – to protect your passengers during transportation between the two locations, in the event of an accident, they get injured in your vehicle.
Does Florida mandate Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
Yes, Florida local government authorities mandated to all non-emergency medical transportation companies, to carry commercial auto insurance policy, with a minimum limit of $300,000 per policy. The reason for these rules are:
- What happens if your vehicle accidentally breaks down during a trip, and your passenger gets injured in your vehicle?
- What happens if your reckless driver unintentionally injured a passenger riding in your vehicle?
All of these scenarios can trigger a Liability lawsuit to You. Risk is something that an insurance policy can help you to offset the loss. It is important to evaluate the financial risk your company might face and pursue to get a proper policy.
What to do next before renewing your NEMT Insurance Policy?
Call us today to check our rates for non emergency medical transportation insurance, underwritten by reliable N.E.M.T. carriers. Or talk with G. Zein Insurance Services to discuss Insurance plans and providers’ requirements. Contact us now at (866) 454-9555, (954) 454-9599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 types of coverage NEMT Insurance policy offer?
- Commercial Auto Liability – This coverage protects your company against a third-party claim. It also covers your passengers medical expenses for bodily injury caused by an accident while riding in your vehicle.
- Comprehensive and Collision Coverage – This coverage indemnifies you for any physical damage done to your vehicle in the event of a theft or accident.
- Hired Auto Insurance – To protect your company in the event you hired, leased, rented, or borrowed a vehicle to service your business.
- Non-Owned Auto Insurance – To cover your company in the event one of your employees used his vehicle to conduct business on your behalf.
- Uninsured Motorist – This coverage pays for bodily injury treatment to your passengers when your vehicle get involved in an accident, whereas the other vehicle carries no auto liability insurance.
- Loading & Unloading of Passengers – This type of coverage gets covered under a professional liability policy, and it is designed to cover your passengers in the event your employees unintentionally caused physical injury during helping passengers get into or out of your vehicle.
Type of NEMT vehicles we do insure?
- Standard passenger vehicle.
- A Minivan with a stretcher.
- Van with special equipment such as wheelchair lift or ramps.
NEMT insurance policy is important to your business in two ways:
- It protects your employees and your business against obligation of paying out medical expenses due to an accident caused inside your vehicle, to passengers sitting in your car during transit.
- It ensure that your business remains compliant with the local government license mandate to carry a liability insurance program when operating a medical transportation business.
7 factors to save money on your Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance:
- Install two cameras inside your vehicle to record any incident that occurs during transportation; it helps you monitor your drivers’ behavior, and assist your insurance company determining the legitimacy of a reported claim against your company.
- Having multiple vehicles helps you get additional discounts.
- Proof of monthly maintenance of your vehicles. This is an indicating to Underwriter that you are well managing your transportation business.
- Hire drivers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and a clean driving record.
- Additional discounts are available for having a continuous policy with a 3 years’ claim-free.
- Ask your drivers to take a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) Training Program, this course can help reduce exposure to a liability lawsuit.
- Instruct your drivers on a weekly basis to drive safely, so you can minimize exposure to accident.
Is your NEMT business insured today?
We are here to help you evaluate your current insurance policy. Since the cost of this NEMT insurance policy typically is high, now it is the right time to shop for a comparable non emergency medical transportation insurance rates and limits. Call us today at (954) 454-9599.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.