New in business or established, we can help you Save Money!
Act Today! Call us at 866-454-9555 for a quote and start driving tomorrow.
Serving States: Florida – Georgia
What is Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
N.E.M.T. is a unique type of commercial auto insurance program, designed specifically for paratransit services, and ambulatory transportation. The policy is structured according to insurance companies classification for pre-scheduled arrangement pick-up.
The NEMT policy is intended specifically for businesses providing door-to-door transportation services, typically from customers’ homes to a designated medical facilities. Transportation includes people with disabilities and elderly patients, none of whom are able to ride public transportation.
What are the Government agency requirements for NEMT?
Paratransit service companies are normally compensated by hospitals, medical clinics, medicare, medicaid, and private pay. Therefore, the State and local County Government agencies have mandatory rules that require every medical transportation company to carry specific NEMT insurance policy to protect passengers during transportation.
What kind of Insurance do I need for Ambulatory Transportation?
- Auto physical loss – This coverage reimburses you on your in the event of a theft or accident of your vehicle.
- General liability policy – to cover your business against any lawsuit filed by a passenger traveling in your vehicle, against your driver for reckless driving.
- Professional Liability Insurance – it covers your passengers against any physical and sexual abuse, acted by your employees during transportation.
- Commercial Automobile Insurance – to protect your passengers during transportation between the two locations, in the event of an accident, they get injured in your vehicle.
Does the State of Florida mandate Medical Transportation Insurance?
Yes, Florida local government authorities mandated to all non-emergency medical transportation companies, to carry commercial auto insurance policy, with a minimum limit of $300,000 per policy. The reason for these rules are:
- What happens if your vehicle accidentally breaks down during a trip, and your passenger gets injured in your vehicle?
- What happens if your reckless driver unintentionally injured a passenger riding in your vehicle?
All of these scenarios can trigger a Liability lawsuit to You. Risk is something that an insurance policy can help you to offset the loss. It is important to evaluate the financial risk your company might face and pursue to get a proper policy.
What to do next before renewing your NEMT Insurance Policy?
Call us today to check our rates for non emergency medical transportation insurance, underwritten by reliable N.E.M.T. carriers, or talk with G. Zein Insurance Services to discuss Insurance plans and providers’ requirements. Contact us now at (866) 454-9555, (954) 454-9599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 types of coverage NEMT Insurance policy offer?
Commercial Auto Liability – This coverage protects your company against a third-party claim. It also covers your passengers for bodily injury while riding in your vehicle.
- Comprehensive and Collision – This coverage reimburses you for any physical damage done to your vehicle in the event of a theft or accident.
- Hired Auto Insurance – To protect your company in the event you hired, leased, rented, or borrowed a vehicle to service your business.
- Non-Owned Auto Insurance – To cover your company in the event one of your employees used his vehicle to conduct business on your behalf.
- Uninsured Motorist – This coverage compensates your passengers in the event your vehicle gets involved in an accident; as a result, the other party carries no auto liability insurance.
- Loading & Unloading of Passengers – This type of passenger protection gets covered under a professional liability policy, and it is designed to cover your passengers in the event your employees caused any physical injury while helping the passengers get in or out of your vehicle.
What type of NEMT vehicles we do insure?
- Standard passenger vehicle.
- Minivan with a stretcher.
- Van with special equipment such as wheelchair lift or ramps.
NEMT insurance policy is important to your business in two ways:
- It protects your employees and your business from the cost of paying out medical claims caused by a car accident, to passengers sitting in your company vehicle during transit.
- It ensured your business remains compliant with the local government mandate to carry a liability insurance program when operating a medical transportation business.
7 steps to save money on your non emergency medical transportation Insurance:
- Install a camera inside your vehicle to record any incident that occurs inside your vehicle; it also helps monitor your drivers’ behavior.
- Having multiple vehicles helps you get additional discounts.
- Proof of monthly maintenance of your vehicles, this is an indicating to Underwriter that you are managing your business well.
- Hire drivers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience with a clean driving record.
- Additional discounts are available for having a continuous policy with 3 years’ claims-free.
- Ask your drivers to take a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) Training Program, this course can help reduce exposure to a liability lawsuit.
- Instruct your drivers on a weekly basis to drive safely, so you can minimize exposure to an accident.
Is your NEMT business insured today?
We are here to help you evaluate your current insurance policy. Since the cost of this NEMT insurance policy typically is high, now is the right time to shop for a comparable non emergency medical transportation insurance rates and limits. Call us today at (954) 454-9599.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.