New in business or established for over 3 years, we can help you Save Money!
Act Today! Call us at 866-454-9555 for a quote and start driving tomorrow.
We have special rates for NEMT with a fleet of 10 + vehicles.
What is Non Emergency Medical Transportation Insurance?
N.E.M.T. is a unique type of commercial auto insurance program, designed specifically for para-transit services, and ambulance transportation. The policy is structured according to Florida insurance companies classification for pre-scheduled arrangement pick-up.
The NEMT policy is intended specifically for businesses delivering door-to-door transportation services, normally from customers’ homes to medical facilities. This includes people with disabilities and elderly patients, none of whom are able to ride public transportation.
What are the permit requirements for NEMT?
Para-transit service companies are usually compensated by hospitals, medical clinics, medicare, medicaid, and private pay. Therefore, state and county government agencies have mandatory rules that require every medical transportation company to carry adequate NEMT insurance to protect medical patient during transportation.
What kind of Insurance do I need for Medical Transportation?
- Physical loss of your vehicles in the event of a theft or accident.
- General liability is necessary to cover any lawsuit filed by a passenger traveling in your vehicle against your driver for reckless driving.
- Professional Liability to cover your passengers against any physical and sexual abuse acted by your employees.
- Commercial automobile insurance liability to protect your passengers during transportation between two locations, in the event they get injured in your vehicle.
- Excess liability (optional).
Does the State of Florida mandate Medical Transportation Insurance?
Florida local authorities mandated all non-emergency medical transportation companies to obtain commercial auto coverage with a minimum limit of $300,000 per policy.
- What happens if your vehicle accidentally breaks down during a trip and your passenger is injured in your vehicle?.
- What happens if your reckless driver unintentionally injured a passenger riding in your vehicle?.
All of these possibilities mean a Liability to You. “Risk” is something that an insurance policy can help you to offset the loss. It is important to evaluate the financial risk your company might face and pursue to get a proper policy.
What to do next before renewing your NEMT Insurance Policy?
Call us today to check our rates for non emergency medical transportation insurance, underwritten by reliable N.E.M.T. carriers, or talk with G. Zein Insurance Services to discuss the county Insurance requirements. Contact us now at (866) 454-9555, (954) 454-9599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of coverage NEMT Insurance offer?
- Commercial Auto Liability – This coverage protects your company against a third-party claim. It also covers your passengers for bodily injury while riding in your vehicle.
- Comp and Collision – This coverage compensates you for any physical damage done to your vehicle in the event of a theft or accident.
- Hired Auto Insurance – To protect your company in the event you hired, leased, rented, or borrowed a vehicle to service your business.
- Non-Owned Auto Insurance – To cover your company in the event one of your employees used his vehicle to conduct business on your behalf.
- Uninsured Motorist – This coverage compensates your passengers in the event your vehicle gets involved in an accident; as a result the other party carries no auto liability insurance.
- Loading & Unloading of Passengers – This type of protection is covered under a Professional Liability policy, and is designed to cover your passengers, if your employees caused any physical injury while helping the passengers get in and out of your vehicle.
What type of Vehicles we do insure?
- Standard Sedan Vehicle.
- Van with special equipment such as wheelchair ramps.
- A van with special equipment such as wheelchair lift.
- An ambulance with a stretcher.
NEMT insurance policy is important to your business in two ways:
- It protect your employees and your business from the cost of paying out medical claims due to a car accident, to passengers sitting in your company vehicle during transit.
- It ensured your business remains compliant with the local government mandate to carry a liability insurance program when operating a medical transportation business.
6 steps to save money on your non emergency medical transportation Insurance:
- Having multiple Vehicles allows you to get additional discounts.
- Proof of monthly maintenance of your vehicles.
- Hire drivers with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and with a clean driving record.
- Additional discounts for having a continuous policy with 3 years claims-free.
- Ask your drivers to take a Passenger Service and Safety (PASS) Training Program, this course can help reduce exposure to liability lawsuit.
- Instruct your drivers to drive safely to minimize exposure to accident.
Is your NEMT Business insured today?
We are here to help you evaluate your current insurance policy. Since the cost of this insurance typically rises when an insurance policy is renewed, now is the right time to shop for a comparable non emergency medical transportation insurance carriers rates and limits.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.