Hurricane and Windstorm Insurance For Commercial & Residential
Call us Today at (954) 454-9599, we have special rates for hurricane/wind.
Hurricane Irma has the answers
Warm ocean waters are known to fuel an above-normal Atlantic hurricane season. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the forecast calls for 11 to 17 named storms for 2017, with five to nine named hurricanes. Two to four hurricanes are expected to be major with the wind speed of at least 111 mph.
Damages to personal or commercial properties caused by a named Hurricane or high windstorm can be devastating to a property owner located in Florida. A hurricane insurance policy is the best solutions to offset hurricane losses and get compensated to do the necessary repairs to your home or your commercial properties in Florida.
Homeowners and commercial property owners must assess insurance needs long before a hurricane or windstorm makes landfall. Most insurers won’t issue policies when a hurricane is imminent.
The cost of hurricane insurance depends on a number of factors:
- where is your property located in Florida
- what is the construction cost of your property to rebuild,
- and how much deductible you’re willing to pay up-front, such as 2%, 5% or 10% of the policy limit.
Why are Hurricanes so devastating?
Warm waters feed a hurricane’s strength, while a strong wind shear can starve it and pull a storm apart. While climate models show considerable uncertainty, there’s a potential for a lot of hurricanes activity this year. Hurricane damages can be severe to properties located in Florida.
Most often, a hurricane knocks out the roof, especially the one with the Joisted-Masonry roof construction, and causes severe water damage and structural damage to your building, therefore, Insurance companies take the burden of repair and help property owner restore their properties as it was before.
What does Hurricane Insurance Florida Cover?
- Homeowners insurance is a policy that covers hurricane damages with a deductible option of 2%, 5% or 10% off the policy limit. If you have a mortgage, most banks have a mandatory requirement to carry hurricane coverage.
- Commercial property owners with a package policy that includes hurricane coverage or obtains a stand-alone Hurricane Policy. The policy premium is calculated based on the location of your property, and how far it is situated from the coastline.
3 ways to save money on your Hurricane Insurance Policy?
YES, insurance companies can apply additional discounts on hurricane policy for homeowners as well as commercial properties due to a few factors:
- Age of the roof, and whether it was updated within the last 15 years.
- Construction type of the roof whether it is Joisted Masonry or flat cement roof.
- If you have installed metal shutters or impact windows all over your home or business property.
What to do next to obtain Hurricane Insurance Quote?
Call G. Zein Insurance Services at (866) 454-9555 or (954) 454-9599. We are located in S. Florida and are ready to answer your questions and help you find the best hurricane insurance solution at affordable rates, that will protect your assests in Florida.