When you are in the business of transporting a medical patient from their homes to their doctor’s office, arranged on a pre-scheduled appointment, then you need to protect your transportation company with a special policy called non-emergency medical transportation insurance.
Why do you need this type of commercial Auto Insurance policy?
This specialized commercial auto insurance policy ensures passengers sitting in your vehicle during transit, with a liability limit up to $300,000, $500,000 or $1 million for bodily injury, your employees may accidentally cause to your passengers, whom you transport from their homes to the medical facilities.
This non-emergency medical transportation insurance policy you purchase through G. Zein Insurance Services does protect your company against any lawsuit filed by your passengers, claiming that:
- You were driving carelessly; therefore, you cause him or her more bodily pain and suffering.
- Or, your driver may get involved in an accident and caused additional bodily injury to passengers.
- Or during loading or unloading of a disabled passenger on wheelchair into your vehicle.
Why is non-emergency medical transportation insurance an expensive policy?
Typically, the 1st three years, non-emergency medical transportation insurance carriers do charge a higher premium due to the minimum experience you may experience in this transportation industry. Therefore, it might cause insurance companies to defend you in the event of a lawsuit and eventually cost them to pay a large sum of money to settle any claim.
Is it required by the local county to carry passengers medical transportation insurance in Florida?
- Yes, if you are in the business of transporting medical patient, the local county does require all transportation companies to be in compliance with the County regulations and carry specific commercial vehicle insurance with a minimum of $300,000 policy limit.
- Furthermore, if you acquire a written contract with large transportation providers in Florida, then yes, you are required to carry these type of Insurance policies, in addition to a general liability insurance policy; also it is mandatory to name these providers as an additional insured on your policy to protect their interest.
6 Tips to reduce your Insurance cost?
- Do hire drivers with a minimum of two years experience driving vehicle constructed with a lift or stretcher, and having a clean driving record.
- Encourage your drivers to obtain first aid certification, including CPR.
- Encourage your employees to be more patient with passengers in a wheelchair when entering your vehicle.
- Service your vehicles every monthly by checking all mechanical parts and brakes.
- Instruct your employees to drive within the speed limit to minimize any possible accident that might harm these passengers.
- Do check your employees driving record periodically to ensure compliance with your company rules.
What to do Next to obtain a non emergency medical transportation insurance quote?
For more Insurance questions and cost of non-emergency medical transportation insurance in Florida, feel free to call us at (866) 454-9555 or (954) 454-9555, we are here to help you get proper coverage and affordable premium.
ALL INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME.Homepage »